Monday, June 2, 2008

Five communication issues

I recognized ‘communication issues’ mean a problem or worry about communication. I will give five issues below according to the direction.

1-Hear wrong

Some couples of words are difficult to listen for me in order to similar pronunciations. For example, ‘to’ and ‘two’, or ‘walk’ and ‘work’. I may misunderstand by hearing wrong. The solution of this problem is to adjust English and learn many similar words.

2-Difficulty of conveying what I want to say

It is difficult for me to use the best explanation in English. In presentation, I have to talk efficiently in limited time. Therefore, giving good explanation is big problem. To solve this problem, I usually prepare scripts before presentations. For example, I learned a script by heart last presentation. However, there were still points that should be improved. Next time, I will check my script with Canadians.

3-Scattering attention

Sometimes I do not focus on speakers in order to difficult or boring concepts. For example, in my Japanese university, I was bored some presentations that were not organized well. Although I should pay attention to speakers, speakers also would rather speak simply. I think this is the most difficult problem. I have to think what way of talking is the best for audience.

4-Small voice

I am subject to cause this problem. Although I am willing to speak in a loud voice, sometimes audiences are hard to listen to me. In contrast, I feel difficulty to understand what speaker says in order to small voice. The solution of this problem is only to speak up. If I am audience, I should listen with attention.

5-Fast pace of talking

I do not get used to English yet, sometimes I cannot follow rapid English. The more speakers excite to talk, the faster pace they are subject to talk. The solution of this problem is to keep attention to the speakers.

No comments: