Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sushi as American food

Hello everyone. I will talk about one of the most famous Japanese food, sushi.
I was surprized that sushi is popular in Calgary and many people have eaten it. We can find many sushi restaurants around Calgary. I am glad many people like sushi. However, sushi in Calgary is sometimes different from Japanese one and it is amazing! Until came here, I have heardly eaten Califolnia rolls or Vancouver rolls. They are Japanese-American food and we rarely find them in Japan. But now I rearized they are great! In addition, fast food sushi restaurant is interesting. Like McDonards or Subways, we can find sushi shops in Calgary, even on campus! Fast sushi shop is rare in Japan. Fast food is American culture. In North America, even sushi become fast food! Although there are many americanized shops in Japan, sushi is japanized food in North America. This is closs-culture of food. Finally, although many Japanese restaurants in Calgary surve mainly sushi, there are many another Japanese food. Sushi is good but expensive both Japan and Canada. Japanese do not eat sushi so often. So why don't you try another Japanese food?

6 comments:

Tabassom said...

HI KOhey.I never tried SUSSHI befor,but I try it in the future.

Scott Douglas said...

I really like Vancouver rolls! Alberta rolls are good too!

Kohei said...

Thak you for comments.
I didn't know Alberta rolls.
It's sound good.

Victoria Torres said...

Hi Kohei,
Maybe we can make some sushi.

anna said...

Hi Kohei,
The best sushi is in Russia.

Kohei said...

Wow Anna, it's interesting! I want to try Russian sushi...